Saturday, October 13, 2007

karen's blogging on blogging

What was the hardest thing about this unit?

The haredest thing on this unit was when we did the field trip thing and all of them put there subs together and cut them evenly. I think that was the hardest part because everytime my answer had a leftover, but then there wasn't supposed to be any. It was also hard because the pieces had to be big and not small.


What do you understand now that you did not understand before?

I understand that using clocks is a easier way of adding fractions. its doesn't take as much time when you answer using clocks. Before when I didn't know we can use clocks I would always find the common denominator and stuff, but then now when you use clocks you just find how many minutes is in the fraction and then add them together. Its was so much easier than finding the lowest common denominator.


If you had to teach your parents something about fractions what would it be and how would you do it?

I would teach them how to use clocks for an easier way to add fractions.


First the question I would show them would be 1/2 + 1/4. Of course they would start thinking whats the common denominator and stuff, but then I would show them this........


1 comment:

Mr. H said...

I like how you have used pictures to show us what you are talking about. Good Job

H