- What strategies were needed?
- How did you use these strategies?
- Or How could you of used these strategies.
- How would you figure out the price of a 6 cup bag of Betty's Snack mix? Use a ratio table
- Find 3 other values (amounts of Snack Mix) that could be solved using the same ratio table. Find the $$ of your new container sizes.
1. My strategy was multiplying
2&3. I used or could of used this strategy by multiplying 2 2/5 by 2, 3, 4... until I got Then multiplying all the ingredients by that number.
4. To figure out the price of a 6 cup bag you take you answer from 12 cups and divide by 2.
5. This is how i figured out 3 different size cups (i used 12 as a starting point)
You are going to create a voicethread explaining the strategies you used on your test. You need to choose 4 out of the 6 questions.
1. 2/3 + 1/4 + 2/5 =
2. 6/5 - 11/10=
3. 3/5 + 2/7 =
4. 1/6/+1/9 =
5. 5/6 - 1/4 =
6. 3 3/5 - 1 4/5 =
3.) Here is your 3rd growing post question.
Today in class we reviewed the 6 strategies from the RACE Investigation. They were
- Fractions show operations
- Ratio Tables (Proportional Reasoning)
- Partial Products or the Distributive Property
- The Whole Matters
- Friendly Fractions
4. Your last question deals with pizza. You need to explain which group gets the largest portion of pizza. All student groups get the same sized pizzas. It is up to you to cut them up so that they are shared equally.
- Group 1 Sally Bob, Gidget and Biff Share 3 pizzas.
- Group 2 Stan, Holly, Barry, Ben and Ichkabibble share 4 pizzas.
- Group 3 Eric, Susy,James, Betty, Veronica and Moose share 5 pizzas.
- Group 4 Paul, Alex, Chris, Jughead, Archie, Reggie, Mr. Wotherspoon and Midge share 7 pizzas.
- How much pizza does each student get in the different groups?
- Which group gets the largest portion of pizza?
- Show how you found your answer in 2 different ways.
- What strategies did you use in finding your answer.
- Show your answer is 2 different ways. I would recommend that you create a voicethread of your work.
Each person get 4/5 of a pizza
Each Person Gets 5/6 of a pizza
Each Person gets 7/8 of a pizza
My strategies were using the slice method and using a ratio table
Group 1 gets the largest piece because the denominator is smaller so that means the larger the pieces.
Growing Post Question 1 Betty's Snack Mix Total (15 marks)
Answers all questions 5 marks (1 per Question) 5
Quality of Answers 10 marks 7
8= Great Job but there is room for improvement
7= Good Job but there is much room for improvement
6= Decent job but you need to work harder
5= All work is done but effort is lacking
Less than 5 would be for questions answered incorrectly and without effort and incomplete.
Growing Post Question 2 (10 marks)
Embeds the voicethread after question 1 (1 mark) 1
Creates the Voicethread to answer Question (1 marks) 1
Add Comments to further elaborate on the strategies used (1 per comment left) Max 4 marks
Math work is correct in the voicethread (4 Marks) 4
Bonus marks for any person doing more than 4 questions (2 marks) 0
Growing Post Question 3 (14 marks)
Uses Pictures or a voicethread to answer the question (3.5 Marks) 0
Explains the 7 strategies using 7/8 and 11/12 (7 Marks)0
Comments on the voicethread (3.5 marks .5 per comment)0
Question 4 Sharing Pizza's (15 marks)
Clearly shows How much pizza does each student get in the different groups? (4 marks) 4
Shows which group gets the largest portion of Pizza (2 marks)4
Show how you found your answer in 2 different ways. (4 marks)4
What strategies did you use in finding your answer. Student must show strategy and explain how it was used.(2 marks)0
Added comments on voicethread or added detail to explanations (3 marks)0
Total Math Work (54 marks) 30
Formatting (21 Marks)
Proper title (2 Marks) 2
Proper labels (3 marks)2
Only one post and no drafts left in dashboard (2 marks)2
Questions are in the proper order (4 Marks)2
Post looks pleasing (10 Marks)7
Pictures are lined up, text is left justified etc
The post looks professional and not piecemeal.
Completing Self Evaluation and leaving a comment (10 Marks) 9
Completing 2 Peer Evaluations Leaving comments on the Growing Post and Voicethreads (20 marks) 10 marks per student 17
Total Marks for Growing Post ( 105 Marks) 57
Growing Post Completed on time 0 mark deduction
Completed 1 day late 10 mark deduction -10
Completed 2 Days Late 15 Mark Deduction
Completed more than 2 days late 20 Mark Deduction